AMK Atelier is an Amsterdam based creative studio that specializes in Technical Design, Garment Technology, Visual Merchandising and creative projects involving Up-cycling, Recycling and Natural dyeing.
FOR THE CREATION OF SUSTAINABLE,
QUALITY GARMENTS & PRODUCTS.
All products and garments should start with an innovative idea and a smart design. The idea needs to be supported with technical steps of how to make your design a reality. AMK atelier works closely with clients to create collections and products that are aligned with the client’s DNA and dreams.
Concept & Design
- Market research matching the clients target group. Set up a range plan and delivery plan for the collections.
Pattern, Fits & Silhouettes
- Design and create fits and silhouettes for both men’s and women’s collections.
Body types, Size & Fitting
- Conduct research to determine the client’s average customer body type and measurements.
A GOOD FIT IS KEY FOR A GARMENT TO BECOME YOUR FAVOURITE PIECE IN THE CLOSET
To create denim garments the Design, Pattern and Fitting needs to be done with extra care due to the character and variations of quality of the denim fabrics; non-stretch, stretch, left-hand twill to broken twill, 7 oz - 16 oz, etc. When the design and fabric are selected, the pattern is created and the fit is approved - the garment is ready for the wash process.
Fibers & Materials
- The quality of each product will be determined by its material. There are no shortcuts - just quality.
Wash & Finishes
- What does ‘green washing’ mean? Learn the steps to lower your collections impact on the environment.
Sustainability & Circularity
- By producing products, we all have a responsibility to do conscious decisions. Smart designs and ideas for closed loops.
WORKSHOPS & EDUCATION
Knowledge is the foundation which helps us to grow. By knowing how things work, we can develop our ideas, think practically and creatively, and challenge ourselves to think outside the box. AMK atelier offers workshops for companies, schools and sessions in the atelier.
Workshops & Lectures
- Choose from a range of workshops and lectures to invest new knowledge for your team or students – also nice for team building!
Learn How DIY Garments
- Learn the necessary skills to self-create your own garments to fit your own body shape in the way you like.
Care & Repair
- Learn how to repair and up-cycle your favourite garments to give them a longer or an entirely new life.