Levi's XX was an independent premium division with two elevated brands; Levi’s Vintage Clothing & Levi’s Made & Crafted. During my time with them (1,5 years) the office was located in Amsterdam.
I was responsible for the management and execution of the development activities, for Levi’s XX denim/non denim bottoms & denim tops, men's & women's.
I'm grateful for the experience and knowledge I gained - a true adventure!
The team at Levi's XX was very talented and I learnt every day! One of the talents there is Paul O'Neill - in the clip below you can see more about the design and development process at Levi's Vintage Clothing.
My work mainly consisted of:
- Creating product sheets with graded specs and construction manuals
- Coordinating and evaluating samples from first protos to PPR samples
- Arranging and leading fittings together with the design and merchandise team
- Daily communication with suppliers and contractors
- Planning and executing trips to contractors in Italy, Turkey and US
I got the opportunity to visit and work in the Levi's archive to measure and evaluate old garments. This was truly inspiring and it taught me a lot about durability, good quality and old school constructions. This experience made me even more in love with denim products, its abilities and the beauty of denim fabric to evolve over time and wear.